H2L is a young company (4 years old) that is transitioning from developing and marketing a single product to simultaneously engaging in multiple different activities. These include developing new products, producing and supporting existing products, and handling special customer requests. Our first product is a tulip selection robot for tulip bulb cultivation, and new products will also have applications in agriculture.
We are looking for someone who will take ownership of these activities. This includes, among other things:
- Create an overview of current and planned activities with regards to required manpower and investments, and test this against H2L’s principles: Feasibility, Enjoyment, and Profitability
- Enforcing agreed-upon choices regarding what to do and what not to do based on clearly outlining the consequences of those choices on, among other things, manpower and investments
- Organizing and allocating the necessary manpower
- Administering the interaction with customers, suppliers, and companies with whom we collaborate: what are the (most recent) agreements made, for example, regarding delivery dates, scope, costs, communication, etc.
- Relieving management of operational tasks
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Management experience in a technical environment
- Experience in a customer support environment with operational responsibility
- Self-starting: have started activities from scratch
- Experience in agriculture is a plus
Working in a company like H2L means that there is a great variety of tasks that need to be done. As an operations manager, you can be involved both strategically and hands-on with the details. In a company where primarily people with a technical background work, you are expected to feel at home in such an environment, but also be able to translate to customers and partners with completely different backgrounds. This requires good communication skills and sensitivity.